These are some standard zpool names that I use and what the names indicate.
- data: spinning rust, usually RAIDZ or RAID10, dedup w/ zstd
- best: usually SSD stripe (RAID0) or single drive, usually no dedup, no compression
- fast: usually SSD mirror (RAID1), usually dedup with lz4 compression (zstd also good)
- slow: spinning rust, dedup w/ zstd
- temp: for temp data, probably spinning rust, maybe dedup w/ zstd depending on use case ('temp' on 'charm' has dedup and compression off)
- safe: usually SSD mirror (RAID1), usually dedup with zstd compression.
- bare: single disk; usually dedup with zstd compression.