blog.jj5.net (2003 to 2005)
Fri Jan 16 12:14:00 UTC+1100 2004
This just in from Steve, our resident provider of humor and inspiration.
You know you're in an Australian Summer when:
- The best parking space is determined by shade instead of distance.
- Hot water comes out of both taps.
- You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
- The temperature drops below 35c and you feel a little chilly.
- You discover that in January/February it only takes two fingers to steer your car
- You discover that you can get sunburnt through your car window.
- You develop an extreme fear of metal car door handles.
- You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30am.
- Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
- You realise that asphalt has a liquid state.
- While walking back barefoot to your car from the beach, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park.
- You catch a cold from having the aircon/fan full blast while you sleep during the night.
- You pray that your train will have air-conditioning, and if it doesn't, waiting an extra 15 minutes for one is worth it.